Friday, August 21, 2009

From This To This






There are days that I have too much time on my hands, or rather I should say....there are days that playing is much more fun than cleaning....today was one of those days. I'd like to say it's all Holly's fault, but that wouldn't be totally true! So....above were my inspiration papers. They were pretty good size scraps. The rubber stamp is from a company named, "Love You To Bits". I've had the stamp for a long time, when I purchased the stamp the company was located in Redwood City CA.
Ok....so here's what I did. I cut strips of card stock 1/4 inch wide. then I arranged them by laying them out in yellow, brown and orange (repeat often). I ran a piece of card stock through my Zyron machine and put the strips onto the Zyron'd 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. then I randomly rubber stamped the leaves onto the glued down strips. Here's a big hint....Make sure the card stock you are gluing your strips to does not have a white core...I know this because...guess who used white core. I had to ink the edges of all the strips, cause the white was pretty distracting.

Now for the fun part.....cut 1/4 strips in the opposite direction.....Run another sheet of card stock through the Zyron and place the strips onto the card stock. You create the pattern by the way you put the strips down. You will have 3 layers of card stock glued together when you finish.




I'm liking this.....So, not wanting to quit playing....I wanted to see what would happen if I placed my "Quilt" piece on different colored backgrounds....First on Orange......




The orange squares really popped! Then on Yellow......



Wow....that's different! Then I thought I was putting my "quilt" onto brown, but the photos made the background look blue.....so here's another version.....

Now what? I guess I will have to make something.....

























1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Mary! Love the quilt! Looks so pretty with all the backgrounds too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!