Thursday, August 6, 2009

Inspired by a Punch and Foil Paper

My buddy Brenda came for a day of playing. We decided to start the day with our coupons and headed to Michaels and to JoAnn's. My purpose for shopping was to purchase an EK Success punch that Carolyn showed me. With punch in hand, and foil paper (you know shiny ALWAYS attracts my attention), we headed home.

Brenda was having a very productive day....I, on the other hand, was sitting with supplies and nothing was working. Finally, after trying many, many combinations.....the above card was born.

Here's what I used: The foil card stock was an impulse purchase (not my first I must say!). It is manufactured by American Crafts Speciality Papers. The pack of card stock has 30 - 12x12 sheets in 10 colors. You can't see it in the photo, but the foil card stock is ridged. Very Nice!

The border punch is EK Success and is named Swiss Cheese. It was easy to use this punch to create a frame for the ornament, which is a Sizzix Sizzlit. - Holiday Set. The red paper is by Pizazz and is from their Suede collection, one of my favorite papers to use as background or trim, especially on holiday cards.

I hope you like the card. After hours (and I'm not kidding...hours) of thinking....the finished project came to be...and I am pleased! Moral of the story: Don't give up!

Have a great day....I'm off to Weight Watchers. I'm not expecting great things this week, I must say....I have sinned and I will be paying the piper! Later!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice...it's going to be 90 degrees here this weekend...hard to already be thinking about Xmas. But, I guess if you don't, you won't have enough cards made to send out to your fan base :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!