Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Love Boxes


I love boxes. I've been making boxes for gift cards for years. I started making the gift boxes when people wanted to purchase my cards for weddings. The cards were beautiful, but I felt an envelope just didn't make the card look like a gift. Years ago I purchased Aleene's Boxmaker. I've been using it ever since. It is anything but fancy, but it works for me.

Yesterday I saw many of the bloggers displaying boxes. I decided it was time to pull out the boxmaker and make one too. Before I show the card. Let me tell you about the Poinsettia. I embossed my cardstock using the Cuttlebug Holly Ribbons and Cuttlebug Mini Bubbles http://www.franticstamper.com/ I then cut and embossed using Spellbinder's Nested Poinsettias http://paradisescrapbookboutique.typepad.com/Gold Dew Drops http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/ were added to the center of the flower. I used a Gold Leafing Pen by Krylon. My buddy Carolyn turned me on to these pens.

I wish I could tell you about the patterned card stock. It didn't have anything written on the scrap pieces I used. If anyone knows anything about the cardstock...please share. The solid green I purchased from Paradise Scrapbook Boutique (see above link) The little snowman also was purchased there, along with the ribbon and red beads .

My friend Edy gave me all the package tags from their last year's Christmas gifts. The poinsettia on the front of the box is part of one of those tags. To keep the box flap closed I am using a flat magnet.
The gold snowflakes are from Class A Peels. I think I may have purchased them at Michaels. They are one of those items that you purchase and put them away for later use. I like how easy they are to fold on the edge of the box.
Finally, the inside of the box. I paper pieced scraps, and was lucky enough to find almost a full sheet and enough smaller scraps to keep things lined up. Inside the box I have 5 cards and 5 envelopes. The box would really hold twice as many.
So now you've seen about all there is to see. This box was fun to make. I'm really happy with the finished box.
Enjoy....Have a wonderful Sunday and a fantastic week.




1 comment:

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!