Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What's On My Work Desk? What Isn't!

My new toys created this card.....OOPS, I mean my new "Tools", created this card!  I love dies, and the new Memory Box dies are WONDERFUL.  I must not be the only one who thinks this....her supply came in and went out as fast as she could hang them.  I'm not surprised.....

So, on Monday I taught my December Class....you gals did a great job....I'm impressed!  After the class finished a few of us were watching what Karen was taking from the UPS box.....well what to my wondering eyes should appear?  The Sew Ribbon paper punch.....any tool catches my eye as it did the others.....I purchased the leaf punch, which is shown on the border of the card above, and the Zig Zag, which is shown in the picture below....

The red ribbon in the photo is my practice punch.  I used a ribbon I had in my stash, I think it was 1/4 inch, We R Memory Keepkers does sell pre-packaged ribbons that are in tons of beautiful colors....I however forgot to purchase any....I've got to say...this was an easy way to get a rather unique, and straight, I might add, border.  Pretty cool don't you think? 

OK....now for the mess of all messes....Here's what's on my Work Desk.....I'm apologizing ahead of time....The desk is in the process of unpacking from my class, packing for the Christmas Crop, and playing with my new toy.  My goal today(one of them) is to clean my work area....

And another goal......write my Christmas letter, and address the Christmas Cards.  I've got to say, it's a happy and sad day....happy because I'm sharing my creations with loved ones, and sad because I'm letting them go.....

Notice....I did get some peanut brittle made....now if I can keep my husband out of it, we may actually have some left at Christmas. 

I wish everyone a peaceful week, may the season bring happiness not stress and remember Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ....It shouldn't be a time of stress...It is what we make it. 

I know that for many it is a sad time, but you can make it a happy time.  If you're alone during the holidays, volunteer to visit those in care facilities, or help with preparing dinner in homeless shelters.  If you have neighbors who are alone, invite them to share Christmas with you.  Remember, this time of year is what we make it....let's make it the happiest Christmas of all!

I'm headed over to see what's happening at Stamping Ground.  If you want to treat yourself to a few minutes of browsing....check out what's happening here

Have a wonderful week!  Hugs and Love to all,
Glitter Grammy
AKA: Mary

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those trees are beautiful! I just bought my first Memory Box die yesterday and can't wait to play with it. I love dies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. toys, tools...really, is there a difference? lol Hope the peanut brittle last....I have to address my cards too and I know how feel about letting go of some of your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards and what a wonderful desk. It shows how creative you are :)
    Have a great wednesday. Von #25

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous crafty makes and crafty space too!
    Thanks for my snoop!Have a great crafty week,
    Happy WoYwW
    Lyn #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do always seem surprised by Christmas don't we, when it is the same date every year! Your desk looks wonderfully busy and it sounds like you all had a lot of fun at the class. Enjoy the season to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ribbon punches are very clever, love the zig zag particularly. I've made and we've eaten the Christmas cake, so good luck with the peanut brittle! Like the sight of your desk, still finding time to pack and unpack!, you do seem to be on top of it. I've spent all afternoon writing and addressing cards which surprised me, I never allocate enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if you are enjoying your new ribbon punches! Very effective. Your desk looks very busy and productive! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #53

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. My uncle's funeral is on Friday so we're travelling up on Thurs. So glad you like my sparkly mirrors! I gave one to my friend at her birthday party tonight and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...that desk! Clutter Queen for sure! I love all your tools. I would love to try them all out...but that would mean starting another new project and i am not allowed....until i finish up all my other projects. So sad... Will drop by again! Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!