Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sew Happy

Did you hear me say "Oh Darn!"  I'm having a play day with a friend and thought how fun it would be to enter the Pixie's Crafty Workshop Challenge using snippets.  So while my friend was feverishly working on an anniversary card, I gathered up the scraps (and some big ones there are) from an album class I'd taken ..I decided to use a new Tim Holtz die and some Spellbinder dies along with a punch and some bling.....I just finished taking a photo of my finished card, and was showing my buddy how to get the photos off the camera and onto the computer.....we bounced over to Di's blog page so I could show her how to link things and guess what.....The message said the playground closed 59 minutes ago and no sneaking under the fence.....I guess I'm just going to have to thank Di for the inspiration and post it on my little ole blog.....Oh wait....I just went back to her blog and I see her new challenge is open.  I'd best get busy and get on over there so I can make it in time this week.  One of these days I'll figure out how all of this is done....  :-)  I made the card for a friend, I can't show you the inside because then she'll know it's for her.  So, you'll just have to imagine what the inside looks like.  If you go to Paradise Scrapbook Boutique and look back several posts you'll see the Birthday album class I took and see the papers I used for this card.  They are from Webster's Pages, although I couldn't tell you the name of the collection as none of my scraps had the entire description.  It's kind of funny really that I would use these papers....When cutting them for the album, I cut them wrong several times....and cussed myself out for having done so....now I'm happy that I attempted to follow Di's challenge as I really like this card. 

I'm off to see what trouble I can get into.....Have a great week....hope to see you all again by Wednesday. 

Hugs,
Glitter Grammy
AKA:  Mary

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - quick enter this lovely card into the snippets challenge. There are no real rules and no prizes (for now) save knowing that you used up some of your scraps/snippets. The playground is open until midnight every Saturday (UK time) and that's just so I can quickly write up the very last entries before publishing the weekly roll call at the same time as I unlock the gates again, normally around 7 to 9 am on a Sunday morning UK time. Look forward to seeing you link in! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking card! Isn't it nice to use your stash for things?!? Although I do have a confession; I bought more stamps over the weekend. I had ordered a stamp at my local stamping store and couldn't just stop at one stamp. Now to get busy and use them!!

    Have a great week.
    XO
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Mary .. .. I love this beauty.

    I have had my eye on that Sizzix Die for a while and you have showcased it wonderfully here.

    Great finished card.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sew CAAA~ute! Love the blues and I bet the inside is just as spectacular as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love cards like these, but not able to create them myself without it looking a mess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I could either but after seeing what Karen did at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique, I thought, hey give it a try. And guess what...I think it worked well....I have faith in you!

      Delete
  6. I love this card, I keep thinking of getting that die but not sure if it is too thick for my cuttlebug.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linby,

      I have a big shot, so it went through easily. Just so you know...it's less thick than the red or black Sizzix dies. I had to play around to get my cutter to actually make contact with the blade. I ended up using two clear plastic plates and the black embossing plate. I know nothing of the Cuttlebug machine, maybe one of the girls who commented on this page can help you. Good luck.

      Delete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!