Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Dan and Bridget...Welcome Spring

This will be a quick post...I wanted to tell my youngest son Happy Birthday.  His card has sentimental meaning to me....here it is:
My son taught English in Japan and while he was there he sent me a gift wrapped in the paper I used to make his card.  I've been hoarding this paper for years, and felt it was time to re-gift it to my son.  Mind you I still have a large piece, which I will again hoard!  So, wishing Dan and very happy birthday. 

I posted Bridget's card awhile ago.  But I do want to say, Happy Birthday to my sweet little grand daughter...she is growing up way too quickly!  I'll see you soon!

I made a quick card this week for our neighbors.  They have become first time grandparents.  A while ago I made a Grandma brag book for them and with the paper left over, I made this card. 
Congrats to both Grandma and Grandpa.  I hope they get to spend much time with Nolan as he grows.

I'm going to link both cards to Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  Both cards are snippets, some bigger than others!  I wonder if these little guys are playing on the playground...they sure could be!

Today, I spent a good amount of time outside. I love spring and the flowers in our yard are beautiful this time of the year.  I do worry that they have blossomed too early and they might get a big surprise with some bad weather...so, I shall enjoy them while I can. 














Off I go for now.  Have a most wonderful week.  I hope, in your world, you will find a bit of Spring weather.

Hugs,
Mary AKA:  Glitter Grammy

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Mary - and such a great idea to use the wrapping paper with those delicate skeleton leaves. And of course Pooh Bear is always a winner for me (ha, Len's pet name for me is Piglet - probably 'cos Piglet is a bit dizzy).

    Super flower piccies too, ours are all in hiding over here right now - it's freezing cold in the Playground today :(

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful cards Mary so lovely!! and the photo's of your flowers they are gorgeous. We have had two mild days in the UK so hopefully my flowers will start to creep up and bloom I love a garden full of colour it brightens any dull day...huggles hun Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards.
    Beautiful papers. I would be treasuring that cherry blossom paper too.
    What a wonderful garden you must have, with all those womderful blooms. I'm afraid I inherited my mum's non existent green thumbs. I have only two houseplants which thrive on neglect! My garden is even worse. It is where plants come to die. I get off cuts from Dad and other gardeners and mine all die while my sisters travel up to Aberdeen and still survive ! Even if my Dad plants it for me it dies. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - I love the flower pictures. Spring is lagging behind a little at the moment, cuz it's SOOOO cold.

    LOVING your cards too. Good idea to use up the paper given to you by your son, for his card.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sakura translates to Cherry Blossom in English. It's a beautiful card Mary, very simple but very elegant. Below freezing and snow on the ground here! But at least we've had sun most of the day so got out for a walk earlier. At least it's March, hopefully soon it will be more Spring and less Winter!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually they're both beautiful cards, totally forgot to comment on the sweet little Winnie The Pooh card!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards there Mary and what a treat with those flowers! Wow! Though not fair that you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Mary. I love that you've used the paper and re-gifted it to your son. Gorgeous flower photos too and I'm now suffering a serious case of camellia envy! I've tried and tried to grow camellias with no success whatsoever - yours are simply divine. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful flower photos, Mary! And I adore the Winnie card you made for the new grandparents to match their brag book!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My flowrs are blooming here too! It's a bit late for my snowdrops - but they seem okay so far :)
    Your card sare so wonderful - I love that you have kept the gift wrap for a while and will hoard it again :)
    Bubbles,
    #23 at Pixie's Playground :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards, and what a great way to re-use a gift!

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!