Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Window Birthday Card

I am really loving these window cards.  This card is for a friend's birthday.  Since we always seem to be watching what we eat, I thought I'd make her a card that is full of sweets, but no calories.  This entire card was made from snippets.  One would think since most of them are white, it would have been quite easy....well guess again.  I had to dig through my snippet box to find enough of the "same" shade of white....who knew!  The brick background is a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder.  I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Spun Sugar over the bricks for a bit of color.

I don't know the maker of the tiny flower paper, a friend gifted it to me.  I think it is perfect for the inside of the Sweet Shoppe.  The Window, Shutters,Cakes and Cake Stands are all PoppyStamp dies.  The square is Spellbinders.  You can't really see this, but each cake has the top decorated with Flower Soft.  The rubber stamp sentiment is Stampendous,  The Sweet Shoppe is computer generated. 
The glass in the window panes was cut from a clear lid from a yogurt container.  I ended up cutting the window twice so I could sandwich the "glass" between.  The knobs are gems I've had in my stash, as is the butter fly.  The inside sentiment is from Close To My Heart. 
The ink and the embossing powder are both from Imprintz.  Very sparkly it is....I love it!

I hope I've finished this in time to post on Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  If not, I may have to try to shimmy under the gate...tried that once before and got caught....Check out Pixie's Crafty Workshop

OOPS!  I just skipped over to the playground and the gate is locked tight, I tried to shimmy under, but caught my jumper on the corner of the gate...I ran off leaving a bit of jumper behind....I am soooo busted!  I'm going to have to wait for the rattling of the keys and slip in then.

Update:  Ok, here's what I love about blogging.  There is always someone who can help when you are lost in space.  Today I had a problem with Mr. Linky....come to find out Mr. Linky wasn't wrong, this ole bird was confused.  Di sweetly walked me through and taught me the error of my ways.  I am now a graduate of the Linky academy.   Now....keep in mind, tomorrow is a new day and I am sure there will be some cyber adventures that are waiting for me....I am now off to link this page with Mr. Linky!  Thanks Di.....

Until later,  Happy crafting,
Mary Mac AKA:  Glitter Grammy

5 comments:

  1. What a super duper fun card. Love your sweet shop to bits. Gotta have me some of those die cuts. I took the bit of wool off the fence so Miss won't know nuffink. We can lways say it wos the sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally, totally fabulous Mary!! Love it to pieces!

    Aha, and Mrs A is watching your back I see :))

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this one is divine. Love the EF and that fabulous window of sweets. I need to try looking at them instead of eating them...but help my ever expanding backside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea for a card to give to a dieting friend! Love this die, (not sprung for the double window one yet). Everytime I see a window card, I tell self "You gotta try that". Well, not yet. This one is so very pretty, love the detail of the window opening. Neat looking shutters too. Your friend is sure to love this one, Mary. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Mary, love your "glass" windows, fantastic snippets card :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!